How to apply concealer correctly
I am sure, it's fair to say that a lot of woman use make up on daily basis, especially if you are a working woman. Correct me if i am wrong but i think the most important part of makeup is definitely the concealer. For many of you, application of concealer can be a challenging task, although you often use it. There can be many reasons for it; may be the chosen shade is not the right one as per your skin tone or may be the steps you are using to apply concealer are not right. Because if you use the concealer correctly it can not only change your entire appearance but also can hide and dark circles or puffy eyes or blemishes, giving your skin a brightening effect.
In this article we will explain the step by step process of applying concealer and by following it you will definitely realize that using concealer is the best thing you can ever do.
Choosing a right concealer
Choosing a right concealer is definitely a hard task to do because market is full of so many concealing products and you can get confused easily. The basic rule of thumb is always choose a concealer shade one tone lighter than your actual skin tone with a yellow base. Because if you choose the shade same as your skin tone, it will give you a cakey or masking look that you never want. But be cautious for summer because if your skin get darker in summer only than you should go for one tone darker than yours, and rest remain the same for other seasons.
How to apply concealer
- Applying concealer looks more natural if you work in small layers and than build it up slowly. Applying thick layer in one go means you have to do more work.
- You start off by applying a hydrating primer to your entire face, specially concentrating on eye area. Leave it for at-least 5 minutes as it helps your make up glide smoothly. Than apply a layer of foundation.
- Than apply several dots of concealer on the uneven spots on your face that includes chin, nose and around the mouth area.
- You can use orange or peach colored concealer specially for the dark circles around eyes. Always try to use triangular method for disguising dark circles under the eyes. starting from the inner corner of your eye, with the help of your fingers, pat the concealer in downward strokes, move down your cheek then up again until you reach the outer corner of your eye.
- Blend it well by using the pad of your middle or index finger and make sure not to rub it. You can add another layer of concealer if you need more coverage.
- Using loose powder over your face can help the concealer to set in. For good concealing result use a fluffy brush to apply powder.
I hope that after reading this guide you can easily apply concealer perfectly even if you are a beginner. You can also found vouchers and discount codes on different foundations and concealing products.